Day 1: Shannon & Killarney
Welcome to Ireland! Take delivery of your Hertz car at Shannon Airport. Visit Bunratty Folk Park within the grounds of Bunratty Castle where 19th century life is vividly recreated. Set on 26 acres, the impressive park features over 30 buildings in a ‘living’ village and rural setting. Continue your tour to the city of Limerick and on through the picturesque village of Adare, where the main street is lined with thatched cottages. Touring south you arrive into Killarney where you will overnight.
Day 2: Dingle Peninsula
Tour the spectacular Dingle Peninsula. The thriving fishing port of Dingle Town, the spectacular Slea Head Drive, Blasket Island Center and Gallorus Oratory. Return to Killarney via Tralee, home of the Rose of Tralee festival.
Day 3: Killarney
Option this morning to take an Irish Jaunting Cart ride through the Killarney National Park, to Ross Castle. Board the MV Pride of the Lakes for a cruise on Lough Leane. Drive to the spectacular viewpoint of Aghadoe followed by a leisure afternoon. Enjoy traditional Irish music in a pub this evening.
Optional Add On:
Jaunting Car Ride: $30.00 per person. Take a Jaunting Car Ride through the National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes and beautiful. Step back in time and enjoy Irish tradition at its best, come on board a horse and carriage and take a unique tour and visit some of Killarney’s many beauty spots.
Day 4: Kinsale & Blarney
Tour via beautiful Bantry Bay to Kinsale, the gourmet capital of Irelandwith colored houses dotted on the landscape as well as many boutiques, shops, restaurants and pubs. Visit Charles Fort before heading on to Blarney. You will visit the estate and enjoy a stroll through the estate to the castle and then climb to the top and kiss the Blarney Stone. It is said that you will obtain the gift of eloquent speech by kissing the stone.Time permitting visit the Blarney Woolen Mills for traditional Irish handcrafts, fashions and crystal. Tour on to Mallow for the night.
Day 5: Cahir & Cashel
Visit Cahir Castle, the 12th century home of the Butler family. Journey to the town of Cashel where the impressive Rock of Cashel looms up in front of you as you approach the town. This cathedral-fortress dates to the time of St. Patrick when he used the shamrock as the symbol of the Holy Trinity as he converted the King of Munster to Christianity. Continue on to Dublin where you overnight near Dublin Airport or extend your stay in Dublin City.
Day 6: Depart For Home
Travel to Dublin Airport where you will return your car rental and check in for your departure flight.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Enjoy a comfortably paced touring itinerary through the Southwest of Ireland. You will base in beautiful Killarney and explore the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry. See Blarney Castle and kiss the famous stone. Visit the spectacular Rock of Cashel. Enjoy the beautiful countryside as you tour to Dublin.
YOUR CUSTOMIZED PREBOOKED TOUR INCLUDES: WE’VE ADDED FUN, FEATURES & SECURITY TO YOUR TOUR! You’ll See more, Experience more & Get More out each touring day!
- Hertz Car Rental (5 days) – Category B – Ford Fiesta or similar with Manual Transmission, with Unlimited Mileage, 3rd party liability insurance, 13.5% Value Added Tax and Location Service Charge PLUS CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) & Theft Protection with €2000 Deductible per vehicle depending on the category chosen. Note: SUPER CDW OPTION: Subject to availability, you may waive the already limited liability (deductible) shown above, in case of damage to the Hertz vehicle, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement, by electing to pay an additional daily fee amount for your car category at the Hertz counter. SUPER CDW can only be purchased at the time of pick-up and does not cover damaged tires, lost keys or use of incorrect fuel.
- 5 night’s B&B accommodation
- Irish Breakfast Daily
- AA Road Map of Ireland
- Detailed day-by-day itinerary that allows you to get more out of your touring day!
- Assistance of Journey Through Ireland office based in Ireland for itinerary planning and assistance while touring in Ireland
- Includes the following Attraction/Admission: Bunratty Folk Park, Blasket Islands Centre, Gallarus Oratory, Charles Fort, Blarney Castle, Cahir Castle, Rock of Cashel
- Does not include attraction/admissions (these can be added if required): Jaunting Cart Ride, Muckross House
You will be staying in the following towns:
- Killarney: 3 nights
- Mallow: 1 night
- Dublin: 1 night
Base in beautiful Killarney and enjoy a comfortably paced touring itinerary through the Southwest of Ireland enjoying the wonderful countryside as you tour up to Dublin.