Day 1: Wexford
Take delivery of Hertz rental car and travel south through the Wicklow Mountains and the region known as “The Garden of Ireland”. At Glendalough take a guided tour of the 6th century monastic settlement, with its round tower and Celtic crosses. Continue south to Waterford City which was founded by Viking traders in 914 and has an exciting medieval flavour and riverside bustle. Overnight in Waterford City.
Day 2: Blarney And Kinsale
Waterford City is also the home of Waterford Crystal. A visit to the House of Waterford Crystal includes an opportunity to choose from the world’s largest selection of Waterford Crystal. The factory tour offers first hand access to all areas of traditional crystal production.Depart from Waterford and tour to Cahir Castle and mallow to Blarney where Blarney Castle, a 15th century McCarthy Castle, is legend. You will visit the estate and enjoy a stroll through the estate to the castle and then climb to the top and kiss the Blarney Stone. It is said that you will obtain the gift of eloquent speech by kissing the stone. Time permitting visit the Blarney Woolen Mills for traditional Irish handcrafts, fashions and crystal. Continue to the quaint harbor town of Kinsale, with colored houses dotted on the landscape as well as many boutiques, shops, restaurants and pubs. Stay in Kinsale.
Day 3: Bantry & Killarney
Tour Kinsale’s Charles Fort this morning before continuing west to explore the scenic West Cork countryside as you tour along the new Wild Atlantic Way route through coastal towns such as Bantry, Glengarriff and through the Caha Pass into Kenmare and onto Killarney Town. At Moll’s Gap you can enjoy the ‘Short Ring of Kerry,’ and stop at Ladies View for a panoramic view over the Lakes of Killarney and Killarney town. “Heaven’s Reflex” as it is called for its beauty.
Day 4: Killarney
Take the day to relax and enjoy the vibrant town of Killarney. Option to take a Jaunting Car Ride through the National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes and beauty. Step back in time and enjoy Irish tradition at its best, come on board a horse and carriage and take a unique tour and visit some of Killarney’s many beauty spots. While on tour your eye is drawn to the majestic high spire of St Mary’s Cathedral. This tour through history, legend & folklore rambles its way along Killarney National Park, Deer Parks. Perhaps visit the historic Muckross House and Gardens. This 19th century mansion depicts what life was like in Ireland during this period. You might enjoy a visit to the stunning Torc Waterfall which is well worth a look.
Optional Add On:
Jaunting Car Ride: $30.00 per person.
Take an Irish Jaunting Cart Ride this morning through the National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes and beautiful.
Day 5: Limerick & Bunratty
Depart Killarney and tour via Tralee, the home of the annual Rose of Tralee festival, to the picturesque village of Adare, where the main street is lined with thatched cottages. Enjoy a spot of lunch in Adare before continuing to Bunratty where you will overnight. This evening you have the option to dine like the Lords and Ladies of the 15th Century at the Bunratty Castle Banquet. Overnight in Shannon.
Optional Add On:
Bunratty Medieval Banquet: $80.00 per person
Enjoy a feast and some entertainment when you join the Earl of Thomond for a glorious banquet at this majestic 15th century. The Earl’s Butler welcomes guests from the four corners of the world toasting an era of great Irish taste with excellent food, fine wine and honey mead.
Day 6: Depart For Home
Travel to Shannon Airport where you will return your car rental and check in for your departure flight.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Enjoy a comfortably paced touring itinerary through the southeast and southwest of the Irish Republic. Marvel at the early Christian Ireland monuments and monasteries. Enjoy the beauty of Killarney’s lakes from an Irish jaunting cart, all while taking in the spectacular and serene beauty of the Irish countryside.
YOUR CUSTOMIZED PREBOOKED TOUR INCLUDES: We’ve added fun, features & security to your tour, you’ll see more, experience more & get more out of each touring day!
- Hertz Car Rental (5 days) – Category B – Ford Fiesta or similar with Manual Transmission, with Unlimited Mileage, 3rd party liability insurance, 13.5% Value Added Tax and Location Service Charge PLUS CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) & Theft Protection with €2000 Deductible. Deductible per vehicle depending on the category chosen. Note: SUPER CDW OPTION: Subject to availability, you may waive the already limited liability (deductible) shown above, in case of damage to the Hertz vehicle, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement, by electing to pay an additional daily fee amount for your car category at the Hertz counter. SUPER CDW can only be purchased at the time of pick-up and does not cover damaged tires, lost keys or use of incorrect fuel.
- 5 night’s B&B accommodation
- Irish Breakfast Daily
- AA Road Map of Ireland
- Assistance of Journey Through Ireland office based in Ireland for itinerary planning and assistance while touring in Ireland
- Detailed day-by-day itinerary that allows you to get more out of your touring day!
- Includes the following attraction/admissions: Glendalough Interpretive Centre, Waterford Crystal Factory, Cahir Castle, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woolen Mills, Charles Fort, Bunratty Folk Park
- Does not include attraction/admissions (these can be added if required): Jaunting Cart Ride, Bunratty Medieval Banquet
You will be staying in the following towns:
- Waterford: 1 night
- Kinsale: 1 night
- Killarney: 2 nights
- Bunratty: 1 night
Marvel at the early Christian Ireland monuments and monasteries. Enjoy the beauty of Killarney’s lakes from an Irish jaunting cart, all while taking in the spectacular and serene beauty of the Irish countryside.