Day 1: Wexford
Take delivery of Hertz rental car and depart Dublin, traveling south through the Wicklow Mountains and the region known as “The Garden of Ireland”. At Glendalough take a tour of the 6th century monastic settlement, with its round tower and Celtic crosses. Continue south to Waterford City which was founded by Viking traders in 914 and has an exciting medieval flavour and riverside bustle. Overnight in Waterford City.
Day 2: Blarney & Killarney
A visit to the House of Waterford Crystal includes an opportunity to choose from the world’s largest selection of Waterford Crystal. The factory tour offers first hand access to all areas of traditional crystal production.Depart from Waterford and travel to Blarney where Blarney Castle, a 15th century McCarthy Castle is legend. You will visit the estate and enjoy a stroll through the estate to the castle and then climb to the top and kiss the Blarney Stone. It is said that you will obtain the gift of eloquent speech by kissing the stone. Time permitting visit the Blarney Woolen Mills for traditional Irish handcrafts, fashions and crystal. Continue to the Killarney “Heaven’s Reflex” as it is called for its beauty. Enjoy an evening at a ‘singing ‘pub. Overnight in Killarney
Day 3: Limerick & Bunratty
Option to take an Irish Jaunting Cart Ride this morning through the National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes and beautiful. Depart Killarney and drive north, to the city of Limerick via the picturesque village of Adare, where the main street is lined with thatched cottages. You stop for the night at Bunratty and this evening you have the option to dine like the Lords and Ladies of the 15th Century at the Bunratty Castle Banquet. Overnight in Shannon. Optional Add On: Jaunting Car Ride: $30.00 per person. Take a Jaunting Car Ride through the National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of mountains and lakes and beautiful. Step back in time and enjoy Irish tradition at its best, come on board a horse and carriage and take a unique tour and visit some of Killarney’s many beauty spots. Optional Add On: Medieval Banquet at Bunratty Castle: $80.00 per person. Enjoy a feast and entertainment at the Bunratty Medieval Banquet in Bunratty Banquet
Day 4: Cliffs of Moher & Burren
Depart Bunratty and tour through County Clare, along the Clare Coast to visit the Cliffs of Moher which rise 700 feet above the sea and extend five miles along the coast. Drive on through the Burren – an area of limestone hills which supports a wide range of flora. Continue on into Galway City. Explore the city this evening.
Day 5: Sligo
You travel through the Connemara region which is known for its mountains, the Twelve Bens and the beauty of the landscape with its changing colors. Through Westport in County Mayo and then on to Sligo and visit the sights and haunts of W. B. Yeats, the great Irish poet and playwright. Time permitting; you will visit Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery dating back to the Stone Age. Overnight in Sligo.
Day 6: Donegal Tour
It’s off to tour Donegal, famous for its tweeds and woolen goods. You will have a chance to shop at Magee’s of Donegal, before you tour out along the coast to Killybegs. On to explore Donegal Town; stroll about this interesting old town with 16th century castle ruins, a 17th century church and a ship’s anchor shorn from one of Napoleon’s frigates when his fleet unsuccessfully tried to thwart the British in an Irish uprising in 1798. The center of town is diamond shaped, with streets spoking off in all directions with wool and tweed shops lining the street fronts. Overnight in Donegal Town.
Day 7: Boyne Valley Center
You visit to Belleek China Factory and then a scenic drive through Fermanagh and Cavan for a guided visit of one of Europe’s great archaeological mysteries, Newgrange & Knowth Neolithic burial tombs, which pre-date the pyramids and where the sun shines into the centre of the crypt on the shortest day of the year. Continue south as you return to Dublin for your final night in Ireland. Overnight near Dublin Airport.
Day 8: Depart for Home
Travel to Dublin Airport where you will return your car rental and check in for your departure flight.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
This itinerary is designed to provide you with a overview of Ireland in the least amount of time. It incorporates one night stays but still includes the comprehensive features of a slower paced itinerary. You will see Glendalough, Waterford City, Waterford Crystal factory, Blarney Castle, Killarney’s beauty, Bunratty, the Clare Coast, Connemara, Sligo, Donegal and the Boyne Valley, before returning to Dublin.
YOUR CUSTOMIZED PREBOOKED TOUR INCLUDES: We’ve added fun, features & security to your tour, You’ll see more, experience more & get more out of each touring day!
- 7 Days Hertz Car Rental – Category B – Ford Fiesta or similar with Manual Transmission, with Unlimited Mileage, 3rd party liability insurance, 13.5% Value Added Tax and Location Service Charge PLUS CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) & Theft Protection with €2000 Deductible. Deductible per vehicle depending on the category chosen. Note: SUPER CDW OPTION: Subject to availability, you may waive the already limited liability (deductible) shown above, in case of damage to the Hertz vehicle, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement, by electing to pay an additional daily fee amount for your car category at the Hertz counter. SUPER CDW can only be purchased at the time of pick-up and does not cover damaged tires, lost keys or use of incorrect fuel.
- 7 night’s B&B accommodation
- Irish Breakfast Daily
- AA Road Map of Ireland
- Detailed day-by-day itinerary that allows you to get more out of your touring day!
- Assistance of Journey Through Ireland office based in Ireland for itinerary planning and assistance while touring in Ireland
- Included attraction/admissions for the following: Waterford Crystal Factory, Blarney Castle, Cliffs of Moher, WB Yeats Centre, Belleek China Factory, Bru na Bionne Visitors Centre (Newgrange)
- Does not include attraction/admissions (these can be added if required): Glendalough Interpretive Centre, Jaunting Cart Ride, Bunratty Medieval Banquet, Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery
You will be staying in the following towns:
- Waterford: 1 night
- Killarney: 1 night
- Bunratty: 1 night
- Galway: 1 night
- Sligo: 1 night
- Donegal: 1 night
- Dublin Airport Area: 1 night
This itinerary is designed to provide you with a overview of Ireland in the least amount of time. It incorporates one night stays but still includes the comprehensive features of a slower paced itinerary.